Vivere - (24/7)
Canadian newborn adoption support
HELPLINE (24 hour hotline)
What we can do for you
- Free pregnancy test.
- Offer counseling and alternatives to abortion.
- Counseling as needed with parents, boyfriend or husband.
- Introduce you to a doctor for good medical care.
- Show you how you can continue with your school or job.
- Arrange for live-in accomodations.
- Help arrange financial assistance.
- Make available to you information on community ressources.
- Arrange for legal aid if needed.
- Help and guidance in all related areas.
... and later on
- Ongoing personal counseling.
- Fostering healthy relationships.
- Foster home care (short and long term) for your baby, if needed.
- Both prenatal and postnatal guidance.
- Furnish maternity clothes and baby things.
- Referral for adoption information, if desired.
- Offer furnishings to set up house-keeping.
- Planning for the mother's and baby's future.
- Other assistance depending on your particular circumstances and needs.
Reach out for life
You and your unborn baby are important and valuable human beings with basic rights and individual needs. We care about you. We know you are facing perhaps the greatest personal crisis of your life. You don't have to face it alone.
POSSIBLE PHYSICAL COMPLICATIONS FROM ABORTION
- perforation of the uterus or cervix
- retained placenta or fetal parts
- inability to become pregnant after termination of pregnancy
- inability to have monthly menstrual cycle after the abortion
POSSIBLE POST ABORTION COMPLICATIONS
- Depression and thoughts of suicide
- Anniversary syndrome
- Re-experiencing the abortion
- Preoccupation with becoming pregnant again
- Anxiety over fertility and childbearing issues
- Interruption of bonding process with own children
- Survival guilt
- Development of eating disorders
- Alcohol and drug abuse